Location: Cambridge, MA (Hybrid/Remote available)
Reports to: VP of FP&A and Strategic Finance
Cullinan Oncology, Inc, (Cullinan) is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to creating new standards of care for patients with cancer. We innovate without borders to find the most promising clinic-ready cancer therapies, whether from our own discovery efforts or through exceptional engagement with our academic and industry partners. Anchored in a deep understanding of immuno-oncology and translational cancer medicine, we leverage our scientific excellence in small molecules and biologics to create differentiated ideas, identify unique targets, and select the optimal modality to develop transformative therapeutics across cancer indications. Powered by our novel research model, we push conventional boundaries from candidate selection to cancer therapeutic, applying rigorous early experimentation to fast-track only the most promising assets to the clinic and ultimately commercialization. As a result, our diversified pipeline is strategically built with assets that activate the immune system or inhibit key oncogenic drivers across a wide range of modalities, each with the potential to be the best or first in their class.
Our people possess deep scientific expertise, seek innovation openly, and exercise creativity and urgency to deliver on our promise to bring new therapeutic solutions to patients with cancer. Learn more about our Company at www.cullinanoncology.com, and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Our pipeline currently includes three clinical-stage candidates and five preclinical programs. We are evaluating our lead candidate, CLN-081, in a Phase 1/2a trial in patients with non-small cell lung cancer, or NSCLC, harboring EGFRex20ins mutations who have previously received platinum-based chemotherapy. In January 2022, we announced that the FDA granted CLN-081 Breakthrough Therapy Designation (BTD). In June 2022, we completed a strategic collaboration with Taiho Oncology to jointly develop CLN-081 and share profits 50/50 in the U.S. Our two other clinical stage programs include CLN-049, a bispecific T cell-engaging antibody targeting FLT3 and CD3 that is in an ongoing clinical trial for patients with relapsed or refractory, or r/r, AML; and CLN-619, a monoclonal antibody designed to stimulate natural killer, or NK, and T cell responses by engaging a unique target, MICA/B. Our pre-clinical pipeline includes two programs in IND-enabling studies, CLN-617 and CLN-978, and three programs in research.
Our strategy is to source innovation through both internal discovery efforts and external collaborations, focusing on advanced stage assets with novel technology platforms and differentiated mechanisms. Before we advance a product candidate into clinical development, we evaluate its potential for anti-tumor activity as a single agent as well as its ability to generate an immune system response or to inhibit oncogenic drivers. Using this strategy, we have efficiently developed or in-licensed a portfolio of therapeutic candidates that currently includes eight distinct programs.
Cullinan Oncology is seeking a finance professional with strong business partnering, financial, analytical, and communication skills. In this role, you will be responsible for key corporate planning and finance activity that will support executive decision making. You will be a key business partner for our R&D leadership team, shaping portfolio management decisions on both internal and external programs.
Your efforts will be split into two areas, defined further in the job responsibilities: 1) Strategic Finance and 2) Business Partnerships. We are seeking a finance professional who understands corporate finance and valuation, conducts insightful financial analyses, manage short- and long-term P&L, and has experience working with executive management, all within a clinical-stage biotechnology company. The ideal candidate has a versatile skillset and has demonstrated agility in taking on new roles and responsibilities.
If you thrive in an entrepreneurial and collegial working environment, the Strategic Finance position represents a unique opportunity to join a dynamic company on the verge of substantial growth. This position will report to the VP of Strategic Finance.
Key Strategic Finance Responsibilities:
- Support long-range planning by building and maintaining Cullinan’s 10-year corporate financial model, integrating a dynamic P&L forecast with balance sheet and cash flow statements
- Develop revenue forecasts and valuation models for internal clinical and near-clinical stage programs
- Support Business Development by developing revenue forecasts and valuation models for external licensing programs under evaluation
- Manage cash flow forecasts for Cullinan’s entities and intra-entity cash requirements
Key FP&A Responsibilities:
- Build annual operating budgets for R&D departments including Clinical, CMC / Technical Operations, and Research
- Conduct quarterly business reviews, including actual vs budget and vs prior forecast analyses and reports
- Update rolling 24 month forecast
- Develop management reports to explain variances and provide financial insight to drive strategic and operational decision making
Key Business Partnership Responsibilities:
- Develop executive summary presentations and manage monthly reporting and analysis packages to support strategic decision-making
- Partner closely with R&D functions to drive enterprise-level financial planning, headcount planning, and strategic planning
- Maintain and improve financial models and reports that track and analyze functional costs and their impact on the company’s overall performance
- Drive reporting, forecasting, and process improvements, including developing reports for trending and analysis of specific business objectives
- Lead quarterly enterprise risk planning and mitigation to determine most critical business risks and mitigation plans
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- 8 years of life sciences industry experience
- Experience at a publicly listed company that issues external guidance
- Ability to lead internal teams and partner with external consultants, accountants, auditors, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of corporate finance and US GAAP
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a cross functional team environment across multiple senior levels of management
- MBA, CPA or CFA a plus
- Masters degree in business, finance, and / or accounting
Cullinan Oncology offers competitive compensation, including equity-based compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes highly flexible vacation, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, equity incentives and 401k match.
Contact us for more information.